Wanted: top-notch talent
We’re always looking to add new members to the Tendo team, and we leverage a wide circle of freelancers and contractors to deliver brilliant work. Whether you’re an ex-reporter, account manager, freelance copywriter, crack copyeditor, interactive designer, or social media maven, we’d love to hear from you. Especially if you have creative ideas, can think strategically, and have a willingness to get your hands dirty. Oh, and a sense of humor never hurts.
Bottom line: We love meeting people with big ideas, unique skills, and subject-area expertise.
The Associate Account Manager works within Tendo’s account team and in collaboration with project delivery teams to organize and facilitate the successful delivery of integrated content strategy and marketing engagements. This role includes project and engagement management, client communication, and coordinating project execution to ensure client satisfaction and consistent client revenue growth. The ideal candidate will have experience managing integrated marketing programs in an agency, be comfortable collaborating across teams, thrive in a fast-paced environment, have exceptional organizational skills, enjoy a diversity of projects, and possess a sincere interest in learning all aspects of a client’s business. In addition, he/she will have outstanding communication, client relations, and presentation skills. Successful candidates must also be flexible, hands-on, handle stress with grace and tact, and possess an excellent sense of humor.
Program and project management
- Responsible for day-to-day management of assigned client projects and operations, including end-to-end project execution and reporting. This includes status report generation, leadership of weekly and/or monthly meetings/calls, proactive communications with account stakeholders, communications with internal stakeholders, billing support and first level escalations.
- Develop, maintain, deliver and track project schedules across client and Tendo project teams.
- Develop full understanding of the client’s business including marketing objectives, organization, and key concerns.
- Manage and deliver projects on budget and on schedule.
- Manage project scope, schedules, budget, quality, and communicate project risks to internal clients and escalate to account and agency leadership as appropriate.
- Manage meetings and capture notes and key actions as needed in CRM system and/or account files.
- Over-communicate status, activities, and facilitate communication with client and between account and content teams.
- Fulfill multiple project requests simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines.
- Track and reconcile project budgets to provide internal and client-facing budget updates and to assess project profitability.
- Support Account Director and/or content lead as needed.
- Provide clear and effective client communication. Coordinate and manage client meetings as required in concert with content lead.
- Serve as account team lead on client projects directly as required. Maintain clear client communication through proactive reporting of key milestones and budget tracking.
- Serve as client advocate by representing client priorities and goals internally.
- Build, expand, and solidify ongoing relationships with clients.
- Contribute to development and execution of Tendo client account strategy.
- Identify account expansion opportunities; clearly articulate Tendo service offerings.
- Contribute to proposals by clearly articulating project goals and objectives, audience, KPIs and success metrics, Tendo delivery approach, key activities and deliverables, estimated timeframes, and costs.
- Create and manage SOWs, processing of SOWs, POs, and invoices.
- Attending weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly client check-ins.
Account administration systems and process
- Manage tools and processes to track, forecast, reconcile, and manage key account docs for all assigned Tendo projects and client accounts.
- Utilize HubSpot CRM capabilities to support prospect and account contacts and outreach. Maintain hands-on usage and ongoing updates of account and prospect contact information through HubSpot.
- 1–3 years digital agency or digital program management experience
- Strong critical thinking skills with excellent judgment and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work and think independently and take direction
- Strong collaboration abilities with cross-functional, highly matrixed teams
- Diligent record-keeping habits
- The ability to multi-task
- Editorial/journalism experience and/or have an understanding of editorial processes, content marketing and/or digital content development
- Strong understanding of version control & deployment
- Willingness to learn from content creators while collaborating with them
- Detail oriented and able to administer account engagements, while strategic enough to see the big picture to proactively develop effective and innovative solutions
- Fluency with Microsoft Office applications, mastery of PowerPoint and Excel, and working knowledge of Microsoft Project or other schedule-creation applications
- Experience independently developing materials for presentations and ability to effectively deliver presentations to clients both virtually and in face-to-face meetings
- Knowledge and experience in B2B technology marketing is highly desirable
- Highly evolved communication skills to be able to interact clearly and proactively in all client interactions, including email, phone, and face-to-face meetings
- BA required, preferably in marketing or journalism
The associate editor is responsible for supporting content and social media projects for multiple client teams, applying best practices, and delivering a consistent client experience to all assigned projects. Duties include project management; schedule development and maintenance; writing, editing, and copyediting content for digital, print, and social platforms; and contributing ideas for leveraging social media channels.
Content Development and Support
- Support content creation and development, including generating assignment letters, editing manuscripts, incorporating stakeholder comments, directing and executing on rewrites
- Write, edit, and copyedit content, including blog posts, web content, and social media material
- Contribute to social media engagements with suggested content for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.; track metrics for these platforms as needed
- Support development of infographics and other rich-media content (e.g., video, audio, SlideShare presentations, animated graphics)
- Copyedit material and maintain standards of voice, tone, and quality
- Conduct research in support of content development
- Develop project schedules, track project progress, and create internal and external status updates each week
- Contribute to the development of creative solutions as part of client programs
- Work with in-house and client design and production teams to assist with visual concepts, photos, and illustrations as needed
- Manage copy flow from editorial to production and publishing
- Track schedules and project milestones across project teams (including staff and freelancers) to ensure deliverables are on time and on budget
- Customize standard Tendo resource documents for the client project and ensure that resources are executed as needed at each phase of the project
- Communicate clearly in all client interactions, including e-mail, phone, and face-to-face meetings; document/confirm client communication in writing according to Tendo standards
- Anticipate and escalate problems to internal Tendo client lead; proactively suggest solutions
- Maintain timely and appropriate level of client communication
- Proactively communicate with clients; anticipate challenges and suggest solutions
- Research tech market, trends, and topics to understand what’s important to the client (messaging) and the client’s audience (solutions)
- Provide outstanding customer service to all Tendo clients; look for opportunities to add value
- Minimum of three years editorial experience; both print and Web publishing preferred
- Excellent editorial skills, including writing, editing, and copy editing
- Experience with and enthusiasm for tech-specific markets, products, and trends is a plus
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including ability to communicate clearly with clients and colleagues
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications; advanced skills in Word and PowerPoint preferred; additional experience with InDesign is a plus
- Understanding of social media engagement practices; competency with social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, etc., and an appreciation for how brands are engaging audiences on mobile social channels
- Knowledge of Web and social media metrics; experience with basic analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, etc.
- Independent work style, ability to plan and execute with little direction, and the ability to take initiative is a must
- Ability to meet deadlines, stay organized, and balance multiple projects
- Comfortable collaborating with others on a variety of projects and tasks
- Competence with, or willingness to learn, HTML, CSS, and video editing software
The senior managing editor is responsible for the execution and hands-on management of assigned client content programs and plays a leadership role with both clients and editorial teams. Working closely with Tendo executives and senior leadership, the senior managing editor’s responsibilities include planning and managing content development; writing, editing and producing web, rich media, and social content; recruiting and managing freelance writers; and advising and making recommendations to clients regarding strategies for engaging audiences with new media and new communications technologies. In addition, as many of Tendo’s clients are B2B technology companies, the senior managing editor must have a deep appreciation of and curiosity about enterprise IT technologies and buying audiences.
Content Creation and Editorial Leadership
- Assume lead editorial role on assigned projects by assessing client needs and formulating Tendo engagement solutions in collaboration with Tendo executives and senior leadership.
- Understand client goals and audience and recommend content angles, formats, types, channels, etc. that will result in engagement.
- Develop content plans that include audiences, goals, schedules, content outlines, content maps, social content plans, etc.
- Execute on plan by writing and/or assigning articles, rich media and/or social content; editing according to client style guide; managing client review cycles; incorporating changes; submitting content to client content management systems; reviewing staged content, proofreading, and authorizing content launch.
- Strategize and coordinate content integration, linking, and calls to action to maximize share of conversation.
- Copyedit content and establish and maintain standards of voice, tone, and quality for various communications mediums.
- Develop headlines, decks, pull quotes, direct-mail copy, and other types of content as needed to promote and amplify content in a variety of channels.
- In collaboration with Tendo executives and senior leadership, define project goals, approach, and scope. Manage editorial budgets for assigned projects; understand budget before project kickoff and communicate allowed hours to project team.
- Create and plan innovative client programs that leverage new communications technologies and mediums.
- Package ideas in effective, professional, engaging PowerPoint presentations.
- Manage editorial production processes as needed.
- Act as the lead client contact on projects, defining a meeting cadence and status delivery appropriate to the size of project.
- Work with in-house, freelance, and client design and production teams to assist with art concepts, photos, and illustrations as needed.
- Manage copy flow from editorial to production and publishing.
- Customize all standard Tendo resource documents for the client project; ensure that resources are available as needed in the process schedule.
- Proactively suggest new ways to improve content quality and process efficiency.
- Effectively lead and manage client editorial communication; maintain and ensure clear and focused communication with client, including confirmation of key actions and next steps, expectation setting, and communicating process.
- Provide outstanding customer service to all Tendo clients; look for opportunities to add value.
- Communicate clearly in all client interaction, including e-mail, phone, and face-to-face meetings.
- Document/confirm client communication in writing according to Tendo standards.
- Proactively communicate with clients as required; anticipate challenges and suggest solutions.
- Minimum of 10 years of editorial experience; Web editorial background required.
- Experience/background/understanding of and enthusiasm for tech-specific markets, products, and topics.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including clear client communication, sharp editorial instincts, and copyediting proficiency.
- Terrific client relations skills; the successful candidate will understand how to navigate diplomatically in complex environments, build consensus through influence rather than authority, and deliver great customer service.
- Proven ability to follow and shape stories at various stages of development; keen judgment of unique angles and newsworthiness of editorial.
- Project management skills; ability to meet deadlines and balance multiple project schedules.
- Independent work style, ability to plan and execute with little direction, and the ability to take initiative are a must.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications; advanced skills in Word and PowerPoint required.
- Comfortable collaborating with others, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and enjoy a diversity of tasks and projects.
San Francisco, CA