Clarifying the complex
We helped VMware update and articulate its most relevant message, to its most important audience, on its most critical, digital channel
- Content architecture
- Content audits
- Content creation
- Editorial strategy
VMware wanted to update its messaging to remain relevant to the ever-evolving customer. VMware had two years of research to support the idea that the company needed to target its content to technical decision makers and technical influencers.
To achieve this goal, VMware decided to revamp the product pages on its website to better speak to a more technical crowd.
Through previous engagements, VMware knew that we had the editorial and marketing chops, along with the technical fluency and resources, to tackle a project of this size, and the following challenges:
- Virtualization technologies, VMware’s bread and butter, are difficult to explain both clearly and accurately.
- Reconfiguring a website to align to the customer journey takes a fine balance of creativity, well-defined process, and subject-matter expertise.
How did Tendo solve the challenge?
- Interviewed partner marketing managers and business unit stakeholders.
- Edited or wrote content for approximately 200 pages.
- Created more than 10 page templates.
- Developed a hierarchy for each section of the site.
- Developed materials for editorial training, and conducted training sessions with stakeholders.
- Provided ongoing consulting on content strategy and decision making.
The end result was a website that spoke to technology decision makers and influencers in their own language. We clarified the complex without dumbing it down, and helped VMware show that it understands its audience.
In the ultimate vote of confidence, we continue to work with VMware to make sure its messaging stays relevant, inspiring, and informative for an increasingly savvy audience.