Content Management Specialist (Contract)
At Tendo, we’re defining high-performance content experiences for our clients. We’re looking for a content management specialist to help Tendo deliver content services to our clients, including content migration, content authoring, and content management.
This position is deeply “hands-on” in delivering editorial and content management services for clients. Specific responsibilities include contributing to large content migration initiatives, building, editing and optimizing content within client content management systems, and content quality assurance (QA). The content management specialist would also contribute to content strategy execution, and collaborate with other Tendo team members to learn, grow, and excel in delivering content services.
Additionally, as many of Tendo’s clients are B2B technology companies, the content management specialist must have a deep appreciation of and curiosity about enterprise IT technologies and buying audiences.
Content Management and Editorial
- Build web pages in AEM or other content management systems
- Migrate and/or edit web page content following established content management workflows and editorial style guide
- Upload, organize and tag digital assets in AEM DAM or other digital asset management systems
- Develop training documentation to empower client content author to edit and create their own web pages
- Conduct research and stakeholder intake in support of content development
- Copyedit content and establish and maintain standards of voice, tone, and quality for various digital platforms.
- Conduct web page QA in order to validate that it meets functional, presentation, search and editorial requirements
- Understand client goals and audience and recommend user experience and content strategies that will result in user engagement
- Contribute to the development of project schedules, track project progress, and help to create internal and external status updates
- Contribute to the development of creative solutions as part of client programs
- Work with in-house and client design and production teams to aid with visual concepts, photos, and illustrations as needed
- Facilitate copy flow from editorial to production and publishing
- Help to customize standard Tendo resource documents for the client project and ensure that tasks are executed as needed at each phase of projects
- Proactively suggest new ways to improve content quality and process efficiency.
- Effectively contribute to client communications; maintain and ensure clear and focused communication with the client, including confirmation of key actions and next steps, expectation setting, and communicating process
- Provide outstanding customer service to all Tendo clients; look for opportunities to add value
- Communicate clearly in all client interaction, including email, phone, and face-to-face meetings
- Document/confirm client communication in writing according to Tendo standards
- Proactively communicate with clients as required; anticipate challenges and suggest solutions
- 3 or more years of content management and editorial experience
- Direct experience with and understanding of Adobe AEM and other content management systems such as, Sitecore, WordPress, etc.
- Content management certifications a plus
- Experience building content for large-scale websites and migrations
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, sharp editorial instincts, and copyediting proficiency
- Experience/background/understanding of and enthusiasm for tech-specific markets, products, and topics is a plus
- Project management skills; ability to meet deadlines and balance multiple projects
- Independent work style, ability to plan and execute with little direction, and ability to take initiative are a must
- Collaborate easily with others, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and enjoy a diversity of tasks and projects