Content Marketing Manager
At Tendo, we’re defining high-performance content experiences for our clients. We’re looking for a content marketing manager to help plan and execute content engagements across multiple clients to support the content services Tendo provides.
This position is deeply “hands-on” in delivering content services for clients and also offers opportunities to lead content teams. Specific responsibilities include managing the execution of successful projects and maintaining strong client relationships. The content marketing manager would also be responsible for planning and managing content development of all types, recruiting and managing freelance contributors, and collaborating with other Tendo team members to learn, grow, and excel in delivering content services.
Additionally, as many of Tendo’s clients are B2B technology companies, the content marketing manager must have a deep appreciation of and curiosity about enterprise IT technologies and buying audiences.
Content Creation and Content Marketing Leadership
- Assume lead content role on assigned projects by assessing client needs and formulating Tendo engagement solutions in collaboration with Tendo executives and senior leadership.
- Understand client goals and audience and recommend content angles, formats, types, channels, etc. that will result in engagement.
- Develop content marketing plans that include audiences, goals, schedules, content outlines, content maps, social content plans, etc.
- Execute on plans by writing and/or assigning articles, rich media and/or social content; editing according to client style guide; managing client review cycles; incorporating changes; submitting content to client content management systems; reviewing staged content, proofreading, and authorizing content launch.
- Strategize and coordinate content integration, linking, and calls to action to maximize share of conversation.
- Copyedit content and establish and maintain standards of voice, tone, and quality for various communications mediums.
- Develop headlines, decks, pull quotes, direct-mail copy, and other types of content as needed to promote and amplify content in a variety of channels.
- In collaboration with Tendo executives and senior leadership, define project goals, approach, and scope. Manage editorial budgets for assigned projects; understand budget before project kickoff and communicate allowed hours to project team.
- Create and plan innovative client programs that leverage new communications technologies and mediums.
- Package ideas in effective, professional, engaging PowerPoint presentations.
- Manage editorial production processes as needed.
- Act as the lead client contact on projects, defining a meeting cadence and status delivery appropriate to the size of project.
- Work with in-house, freelance, and client design and production teams to assist with art concepts, photos, and illustrations as needed.
- Manage copy flow from editorial to production and publishing.
- Customize all standard Tendo resource documents for the client project; ensure that resources are available as needed in the process schedule.
- Proactively suggest new ways to improve content quality and process efficiency.
- Effectively lead and manage client editorial communication; maintain and ensure clear and focused communication with client, including confirmation of key actions and next steps, expectation setting, and communicating process.
- Provide outstanding customer service to all Tendo clients; look for opportunities to add value.
- Communicate clearly in all client interaction, including e-mail, phone, and face-to-face meetings.
- Document/confirm client communication in writing according to Tendo standards.
- Proactively communicate with clients as required; anticipate challenges and suggest solutions.
- 5 or more years of content marketing or editorial experience; digital editorial background required.
- Experience/background/understanding of and enthusiasm for tech-specific markets, products, and topics.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including clear client communication, sharp editorial instincts, and copyediting proficiency.
- Terrific client relations skills; the successful candidate will understand how to navigate diplomatically in complex environments, build consensus through influence rather than authority, and deliver great customer service.
- Proven ability to follow and shape stories at various stages of development; keen judgment of unique angles and newsworthiness of editorial.
- Project management skills; ability to meet deadlines and balance multiple project schedules.
- Independent work style, ability to plan and execute with little direction, and ability to take initiative are a must.
- Collaborate easily with others, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and enjoy a diversity of tasks and projects.
- Mastery of core office applications and collaboration platforms.
- Proficiency in creating slide decks and making presentations.
- Proficiency in project management and project scheduling applications.
- Ability to work independently in design and production applications.
- Fluency in leading social media platforms.
- Experience with and understanding of content management systems.
- Experience with web and content inventory and analytics tools.