Senior Account Manager
At Tendo, we’re defining high-performance content experiences for our clients. We’re looking for a senior account manager to manage and grow our relationships with those clients.
This position combines ownership of client satisfaction with accountability for project profitability and consistent client revenue growth. Responsibilities include managing projects and client engagements to ensure timely, high-quality execution, communicating with clients and content teams to set clear expectations, maintain quality standards, and influencing business outcomes at both project and engagement levels.
Account and Engagement Management
- Client and project management:
- Develop, expand, and solidify relationships with clients.
- Develop, update, and implement Tendo client account strategy.
- Actively expand client contacts and relationships across client organizations among prospective or adjacent client groups. Capture contact info in CRM and seek to define organization info and functional responsibilities.
- Develop and institute periodic communication updates across current & prospective client stakeholders. For example, showcasing recent work, sharing thought leadership and/or best practices, etc.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of client marketing goals, KPIs, and strategies. Demonstrate knowledge of client business and the ability to recommend Tendo solutions that fulfill and/or support client goals.
- Maintain and update written repository of client intelligence (corporate and org goals, key initiatives, etc.) and periodically share with internal client project teams
- In collaboration with account and editorial executives, proactively identify and propose content solutions to client challenges and program execution (e.g., use of new or alternative content types, alternate approaches for presenting concepts to drive increased engagement, etc.).
- Draft and develop proposals by clearly articulating project goals and objectives, audience, KPIs and success metrics, Tendo delivery approach, key activities and deliverables, estimated timeframes, and costs.
- Develop, track, and manage submission of SOWs, POs, and client/project invoices.
- Lead client communication for assigned accounts and engagements. Maintain clear client communication through proactive reporting of key milestones and budget tracking.
- Lead and deliver timely communication with clients and across internal teams as required on all projects.
- Project and team management:
- Manage project schedules and clarify process and deliverables to internal project team and external clients.
- Implement and optimize service delivery processes to ensure client needs are met and responsive service is delivered.
- Anticipate, resolve, and mitigate client issues and problems.
- Identify and pilot tools and/or processes that streamline workflow, increase speed and/or efficiency of project delivery or benefit client communication
- Develop, maintain and expand knowledge of and expertise in content strategy and content marketing best practices.
- Track and manage content delivery team on assigned projects.
Account Administration Systems and Process
- Utilize, update, develop, and maintain needed tools and processes to track, forecast, reconcile, and manage key account documents for all Tendo projects and client accounts.
- Develop, and maintain accurate project budget reconciliations; lead and participate in internal and client project reviews; optimize reporting formats and approach to streamline profitability reporting
- Maintain updated written records of key account activity and correspondence for all assigned projects and accounts.
- Learn and optimize CRM capabilities to support prospect and account contacts and outreach. Maintain hands-on usage and ongoing updates of account and prospect contact information.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience working in an account management role or adjacent position.
- Demonstrated success working with high profile national and/or global brands in a consultative capacity.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; demonstrated ability to write and present clearly regardless of media or channel (email, PPT, Slack, etc.).
- Excellent meeting management skills.
- Prior agency and sales experience highly desirable.
- Candidates must either have editorial/journalism experience and/or have an understanding of editorial processes and demonstrable experience in digital marketing. Willingness to learn from content creators while collaborating with them is critical.
- Knowledge of and experience in B2B technology marketing is highly desirable. Ongoing requirement to expand knowledge of new digital marketing strategies and acquire/maintain knowledge of client products and customers.
- Strong management/leadership ability. Must be effective in leading cross-functional, highly matrixed teams.
- Must be detail oriented and able to administer account engagements, while strategic enough to see the big picture and proactively develop effective, innovative solutions.
- Must be able to independently develop proposals, presentations, and final deliverables and effectively deliver them to clients both virtually and in face-to-face meetings.
- Must possess highly evolved communication and presentation skills in order to interact clearly and proactively in all client interactions, including email, phone, and face-to-face meetings.
- Mastery of core office applications and collaboration platforms.
- Proficiency in creating slide decks and making presentations.
- Proficiency in project management and project scheduling applications.
- Experience with budgeting and financial analysis.
- Experience with enterprise procurement platforms.
- Experience with time tracking and resource planning.