Senior Account (Project) Manager, Digital Marketing
Tendo is a full-service digital content agency focused on connecting B2B brands with their most important customers. We plan, develop, and execute content programs that deliver results against complex marketing challenges. We’re a close-knit team of smart, passionate, innovative thinkers, creators and doers that believe content makes a difference in every digital interaction. We’re looking for a rock-star Senior Account Manager with stellar project management skills, an entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to grow professionally as we define the future of digital content experience at Tendo.
About the Senior Account (Project) Manager Position
The Senior Account (Project) Manager is responsible for leading Tendo client engagements by managing workflow, evolving process, and developing systems to ensure all projects are delivered on time and on budget. The person in this role will be a key client liaison and communication lead between Tendo clients and agency team members.
The ideal candidate is an ace project manager, proactive and effective communicator, team leader, collaborator, and problem solver. You’re comfortable tackling new challenges and are known for your positive, energetic attitude and contribution by all who work with you.
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial thinker and creative problem solver who is detailed oriented and organized. The right candidate will be a natural communicator who can maintain a sense of humor while juggling multiple priorities. This includes workflow and process of both discrete engagements, as well as development and implementation of agency-wide reporting, tracking, and workflow tools used across clients and engagements.
The Role of Account Services at Tendo
Members of the Tendo account services team represent the face of the agency to our clients and provide a central organizing function between the client and content delivery teams at Tendo. Account team members are expected to be client advocates who develop and maintain a deep understanding of the clients’ business objectives and strategy—while managing scope and ensuring that projects are delivered on time and on budget. Account team members are ultimately responsible for expansion and growth of existing and assigned client business.
Lead and manage communications and workflow across accounts and for discrete projects
- Develop, manage, and communicate project schedules and key milestones to internal and external stakeholders
- Internal communication
Ensure all team members have a clear understanding of role, schedule, and expected deliverables
Anticipate, resolve, and escalate problems as needed
Lead and facilitate internal team meetings
Manage internal review of deliverables to ensure quality
- Client communication
Schedule stakeholder meetings through all project phases
Lead and/or facilitate client check-in meetings
Lead communication with clients to set expectations about schedules, meeting agendas, and substance of deliverables
- Define, monitor, and manage project scope
Proactively manage scope-related issues with both internal and external stakeholders; alert executive leadership of the need to add budget or scope to achieve internal budget and profitability targets
Manage client expectations about scope changes
Document scope changes with clients
Communicate scope changes and related dependencies to internal team
Monitor project resourcing across accounts and for discrete projects
Manage, nurture, and expand client relationships
- Nurture and cultivate ongoing client relationships
- Proactively identify and propose content marketing solutions to clients in collaboration with Tendo executives and content leads
- Contribute to proposals by clearly articulating project goals and objectives, audience, KPIs and success metrics, delivery approach, key activities and deliverables, estimated timeframes, and costs
- Develop and evolve fluency in assigned client product offerings, marketing positioning, and relevant industry trends
- Identify opportunities for expansion of client relationships
- Contribute to account strategy development and account plan execution in collaboration with Tendo account director and content executives
- Proactively suggest opportunities for clients to gain additional value from work previously delivered by Tendo or currently in progress
- Regularly review and contribute to Tendo client account strategy
Track progress toward benchmarks and KPIs
Lead, manage, and evolve systems and processes for project delivery, measurement, and account administration (in collaboration with executive leads)
- Manage, develop, and/or evolve scalable processes to optimize project delivery and workflow for select (new and existing) engagements
- Identify, optimize, and/or evolve various systems and tools used by the Tendo delivery and account team
- Lead, train, and/or mentor colleagues and junior employees on implementation of workflow, processes, and tools
- Develop and manage processes to track, forecast, reconcile, and manage key account docs for projects and client accounts
- Create and submit SOWs, POs, and invoices as required
- Maintain current and accurate documents and records within systems and tools used by Tendo
Candidates must have:
- Terrific client relations skills; the successful candidate will understand how to navigate diplomatically in complex environments, build consensus through influence rather than authority, and deliver great customer service.
- Superior organizational skills: Owns all project logistics, keeps teams on task and meetings focused, and enjoys juggling a variety of tasks.
- Deep sense of ownership: Detail-oriented; a self-starter who takes initiative, is self-organizing and able to work independently, highly skilled in time management to facilitate involvement in multiple projects, finds ways around obstacles and asks for help when needed
- Polished communication and presentation skills; the ability to interact clearly and proactively in all client interactions, including email, phone, and face-to-face meetings.
- Ability to develop and evolve processes and workflow to increase efficiency and ease of delivery. This includes the ability to identify and employ new tools and/or technologies that will best support delivery or project management needs.
- Relevant content experience and/or an understanding of web development, editorial, content strategy, and digital marketing. Willingness to learn from content creators while collaborating with them is critical.
- Relevant agency experience and/or have demonstrable experience in managing client relationships.
- Knowledge and experience in B2B technology marketing is highly desirable.
- Strong project management and leadership ability. Must be effective in leading cross-functional, highly matrixed teams.
- Collaborate easily with others, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and enjoy a diversity of tasks and projects.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to administer account engagements, while strategic enough to see the big picture to proactively develop effective and innovative solutions.
- Mastery of core MS office applications, Smartsheet and other collaboration platforms, project management, and scheduling applications, and proficiency in creating slide decks and making presentations.