SEO & Content Marketing Specialist
At Tendo, we’re defining high-performance content experiences for our clients. We’re looking for a process-orientated content marketing specialist with SEO experience to contribute to engagements across multiple clients.
This position is deeply “hands-on” in delivering content services for clients. Specific responsibilities include contributing to execution and project management of successful projects and supporting strong client relationships. The content marketing specialist is responsible for both content creation and project management support. Typical tasks may include managing timelines and deadlines, content strategy, copy editing, SEO keyword research, and overseeing freelance contributors. The role will collaborate with other Tendo team members to learn, grow, and excel in delivering content services.
Additionally, as many of Tendo’s clients are B2B technology companies, the content marketing specialist must have a deep appreciation of and curiosity about enterprise IT technologies and buying audiences.
- Contribute to developing content marketing plans that include audiences, goals, schedules, content outlines, content maps, social content plans, etc.
- Execute on plans by writing and/or assigning articles, rich media and/or social content; editing according to client style guide; managing client review cycles; incorporating changes; submitting content to client content management systems; reviewing staged content, and proofreading
- Develop headlines, decks, pull quotes, direct-mail copy, and other types of content as needed to promote and amplify content in a variety of channels
- Work with in-house and client design and production teams to aid with visual concepts, photos, and illustrations as needed
- Oversee copy flow from editorial to production and publishing
- Copyedit content and establish and maintain standards of voice, tone, and quality for various communications mediums, providing recommendations for SEO optimization when relevant
SEO – Search Engine Optimization
- Develop search engine optimized content for Tendo clients
- Stay up-to-date with SEO trends and best practices
- Contribute to the development of informed SEO content audits and successful SEO strategies for clients
- Conduct SEO keyword research in support of content development
- Provide competitive SEO analysis, meta tag creation, and other SEO-related activities
- Monitor and report on metrics such as page ranking, site traffic trends, effectiveness of site optimization, etc. to help account managers and content team improve SEO strategies
- Develop project schedules, track project progress, manage deadlines and create internal and external status updates
- Contribute to the development of project management solutions as part of client programs
- Track schedules and project milestones across project teams (including staff and freelancers) to ensure deliverables are on time and budget
- Customize standard Tendo resource documents for the client project and ensure that resources are executed as needed at each phase of projects
- Effectively contribute to client communications; maintain and ensure clear and focused communication with the client, including confirmation of key actions and next steps, expectation setting, and communicating process
- Provide outstanding customer service to all Tendo clients; look for opportunities to add value
- Communicate clearly in all client interaction, including email, phone, and face-to-face meetings
- Document/confirm client communication in writing according to Tendo standards
- Proactively communicate with clients as required; anticipate challenges and suggest solutions
- 3 or more years of content marketing or editorial experience; digital content experience preferred
- Experience with on-page SEO projects and a strong understanding of SEO best practices and tactics
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, sharp editorial instincts, and copyediting proficiency
- Experienced and enthusiastic about tech-specific markets, products, and topics is a plus
- Project management skills; ability to meet deadlines and balance multiple projects
- Independent work style, ability to plan and execute with little direction, and ability to take initiative are a must
- Collaborate easily with others, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and enjoy a diversity of tasks and projects
- Proficiency in using core Microsoft Office applications and collaboration platforms
- Experience with creating slide decks and making presentations
- Experience with project management and project scheduling applications like Smartsheet, Asana, etc.
- Proficiency with key SEO research and reporting tools, Google Analytics and Search Console, and MOZ, AHREFs, SEMRush, Conductor or similar.
This is a remote position. Apply now via LinkedIn.