Vice President, Content Marketing
Tendo Communications seeks a Vice President of Content Marketing with results-driven editorial and digital marketing experience, proven team management skills, an entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to develop innovative content marketing strategies and manage the delivery of client engagements. You will have budget- and revenue-expansion responsibility and will collaborate with peer executives to expand and evolve Tendo service offerings. You’ll work with a close-knit team of smart, passionate, innovative thinkers, creators, and doers that believe content makes a difference in every digital interaction.
As a content leader, you will be responsible for developing creative content concepts and solutions that deliver results against Tendo client goals. As a client-facing leader, you must have experience with B2B enterprise markets, products, and audiences. You should be adept at audience analysis, content development process and editorial quality, SEO and content measurement. Your portfolio should include content strategy and content marketing examples backed by measurable results.
The ideal candidate is an ace engagement and team leader, proactive and effective communicator, collaborator, and problem solver. You should be comfortable tackling new challenges and known for your positive, energetic attitude and contribution by all who work with you.
Specific responsibilities include:
Client Engagement and Management and Content Leadership
- Serve as primary content consultant to assigned clients; provide Tendo content POV, develop and propose creative content solutions to client challenges.
- Provide proactive, consultative engagement leadership and voice of content expertise as content team lead.
- Define engagement parameters, including specific tasks and deliverables by translating client needs and goals into specific solutions.
- Collaborate with account team and agency leadership to develop engagement scope and define team resource needs and allocations.
- Provide hands-on project oversight and leadership, create and develop deliverables as needed, and ensure team members have a clear understanding of their roles and the resources needed for success.
- Manage team utilization and freelance project resources for engagements under your leadership.
- Lead, manage and maintain quality standards for all client work and project deliverables. Ensure all presentations and deliverables meet highest standard of quality and consistency.
- Manage by doing as needed and ensure Tendo work is delivered on time and on budget while client requirements and expectations are met or exceeded.
- Establish and maintain an extensive understanding of the client’s business and category dynamics, key players, and their long- and short-term challenges. Stay on top of market news and bring strategic solutions as needed.
- Define and analyze client audiences, develop persona frameworks and deliverables as required. Develop and maintain understanding of buyers journey, buying cycles and content strategies in order to articulate how content programs can deliver and/or support desired outcomes.
- Deliver creative and relevant content marketing and editorial ideas, insight, and guidance to Tendo clients and project teams to ensure that client projects are evolving with the business and marketing needs of the client.
- Lead the innovation of Tendo solutions, deliverables and processes that deliver on client goals and exemplify innovation in the evolving discipline of content marketing.
- Lead and integrate measurement initiatives to further the client’s understanding of ROI and program performance.
Leverage Network to Acquire New Business and Lead Account Expansion of Existing Business
- Contribute a minimum of $300k in new primary business over a 12-month period.
- Partner with account team leadership to facilitate and support account expansion with existing client relationships.
- Identify and define Tendo engagement opportunities with existing clients and key prospects.
- Develop proposals and project budgets for client content marketing projects.
- Represent Tendo content marketing and/or strategy perspective in client presentations and launch meetings.
Direct and Indirect Team Management and Accountabilities
- Provide “hands-on” management and support to client projects when and as needed especially those in development or “launch-mode”.
- Provide input on staffing plans for all Tendo agency projects.
- Lead and partner with agency leadership peers to evolve and maintain engagement workflows and processes consistent with client needs and Tendo standards for each project.
- Initiate and contribute to cross-team content team leadership, skill development, and motivation.
- Develop forward-looking strategies to address content team roles, structure, and delivery model given evolving services and client needs.
- Contribute to and ensure the development of a network of top-quality freelance resources (writers, UX/UI designers, graphic designers, copy editors, etc.).
- Foster a positive, success-oriented environment.
Deliver Agency Content Experience and Content Marketing Thought Leadership
- Contribute thought leadership and serve as “voice of Tendo content leadership” on current and emerging topics related to digital content experience.
- Actively train, mentor and develop team by initiating and/or leading periodic discussions, forums or training sessions on topics related to content skill building.
- Participate in outside speaking engagements as needed, publish and contribute thought leadership content through Tendo blog and social channels.
- Work across Tendo leadership team to define and maintain Tendo content standards and expand them to meet changing client needs.
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit, possess strong leadership ability and a track record of developing and leading effective content marketing and content strategy initiatives. In addition, you should demonstrate strength in the following areas:
- Minimum 12 years of progressive experience in digital marketing, content strategy, content marketing and team management.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, and communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong client relationships with a high presence, in-person and virtual, so there is a seamless connection. Viewed as the first call for POV and provide a smooth connection between client and agency.
- Outstanding client management, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to develop and support a high-performing, motivated team, through both influence and/or direct management. Provide leadership in skill development and succession planning to support team evolution.
- Excellent internal communication skills: ability to collaborate seamlessly with colleagues in remote locations to maintain cohesive workflows and ensure consistent Tendo POV.
- Knowledge of SEO principles and strategies that fuel content marketing success.
- Ability to tackle new challenges; willingness to push themselves and others to dig deep, build expertise, and solve problem by pushing boundaries, and finding ways to fill knowledge gaps.
- Cultivates an environment of curiosity and inquisitiveness in every interaction.
- Grounded in the principles of running a business, managing scope, and elevating brands. Capable of difficult conversations and moving business forward.
- Knowledge of B2B enterprise business and/or technology products, solutions, buyers and the buying process.
- Diverse market experience (i.e., consumer and business-to-business, across markets and categories).
- Proven ability to understand business goals and develop supporting strategies to achieve them.
- Advanced knowledge of and experience using MS PPT, Word & Excel, working knowledge of Smartsheet, Tableau, & marketing automation platforms (Eloqua, Marketo, etc.).
- Proven ability to manage budgets and resources.
- Flexibility and an excellent sense of humor.