Wanted: Top-Notch Talent
We’re always looking to add new members to the Tendo team, and we leverage a wide circle of freelancers and contractors to deliver brilliant work. Whether you’re an ex-reporter, account manager, freelance copywriter, crack copyeditor, graphic designer, or social media expert, we’d love to hear from you. Especially if you have creative ideas, can think strategically, and are willing to dig into gnarly client problems. Oh, and a sense of humor never hurts. Bottom line: We love meeting people with big ideas, unique skills, and subject-area expertise.
At Tendo, we’re defining high-performance content experiences for our clients. We’re looking for a content marketing specialist to contribute to content engagements across multiple clients to support the content services Tendo provides. This position is deeply “hands-on” in delivering content services for clients. Specific responsibilities include contributing to the execution of successful projects and supporting strong client relationships. The content marketing specialist would also be responsible for contributing to content development of all types, overseeing freelance contributors, and collaborating with other Tendo team members to learn, grow, and excel in delivering content services. Additionally, as many of Tendo’s clients are B2B technology companies, the content marketing specialist must have a deep appreciation of and curiosity about enterprise IT technologies and buying audiences.
Specific ResponsibilitiesContent Creation
- Contribute to developing content marketing plans that include audiences, goals, schedules, content outlines, content maps, social content plans, etc.
- Execute on plans by writing and/or assigning articles, rich media and/or social content; editing according to client style guide; managing client review cycles; incorporating changes; submitting content to client content management systems; reviewing staged content, and proofreading
- Develop headlines, decks, pull quotes, direct-mail copy, and other types of content as needed to promote and amplify content in a variety of channels
- Copyedit content and establish and maintain standards of voice, tone, and quality for various communications mediums
- Conduct research in support of content development
- Develop project schedules, track project progress, and create internal and external status updates
- Contribute to the development of creative solutions as part of client programs
- Work with in-house and client design and production teams to aid with visual concepts, photos, and illustrations as needed
- Oversee copy flow from editorial to production and publishing
- Track schedules and project milestones across project teams (including staff and freelancers) to ensure deliverables are on time and budget
- Customize standard Tendo resource documents for the client project and ensure that resources are executed as needed at each phase of projects
- Effectively contribute to client communications; maintain and ensure clear and focused communication with the client, including confirmation of key actions and next steps, expectation setting, and communicating process
- Provide outstanding customer service to all Tendo clients; look for opportunities to add value
- Communicate clearly in all client interaction, including email, phone, and face-to-face meetings
- Document/confirm client communication in writing according to Tendo standards
- Proactively communicate with clients as required; anticipate challenges and suggest solutions
- 3 or more years of content marketing or editorial experience; digital content experience preferred
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, sharp editorial instincts, and copyediting proficiency
- Experience/background/understanding of and enthusiasm for tech-specific markets, products, and topics is a plus
- Project management skills; ability to meet deadlines and balance multiple projects
- Independent work style, ability to plan and execute with little direction, and ability to take initiative are a must
- Collaborate easily with others, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and enjoy a diversity of tasks and projects
- Proficiency in using core office applications and collaboration platforms
- Experience with creating slide decks and making presentations
- Experience with project management and project scheduling applications
- Ability to work independently in design and production applications
- Fluency in leading social media platforms
- Experience with content management systems
- Experience with web and content inventory and analytics tools
At Tendo, we’re defining high-performance content experiences for our clients. We’re looking for a senior account manager to manage and grow our relationships with those clients. This position combines ownership of client satisfaction with accountability for project profitability and consistent client revenue growth. Responsibilities include managing projects and client engagements to ensure timely, high-quality execution, communicating with clients and content teams to set clear expectations, maintain quality standards, and influencing business outcomes at both project and engagement levels.
Specific ResponsibilitiesAccount and Engagement Management
- Client and project management:
- Develop, expand, and solidify relationships with clients.
- Develop, update, and implement Tendo client account strategy.
- Actively expand client contacts and relationships across client organizations among prospective or adjacent client groups. Capture contact info in CRM and seek to define organization info and functional responsibilities.
- Develop and institute periodic communication updates across current & prospective client stakeholders. For example, showcasing recent work, sharing thought leadership and/or best practices, etc.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of client marketing goals, KPIs, and strategies. Demonstrate knowledge of client business and the ability to recommend Tendo solutions that fulfill and/or support client goals.
- Maintain and update written repository of client intelligence (corporate and org goals, key initiatives, etc.) and periodically share with internal client project teams
- In collaboration with account and editorial executives, proactively identify and propose content solutions to client challenges and program execution (e.g., use of new or alternative content types, alternate approaches for presenting concepts to drive increased engagement, etc.).
- Draft and develop proposals by clearly articulating project goals and objectives, audience, KPIs and success metrics, Tendo delivery approach, key activities and deliverables, estimated timeframes, and costs.
- Develop, track, and manage submission of SOWs, POs, and client/project invoices.
- Lead client communication for assigned accounts and engagements. Maintain clear client communication through proactive reporting of key milestones and budget tracking.
- Lead and deliver timely communication with clients and across internal teams as required on all projects.
- Project and team management:
- Manage project schedules and clarify process and deliverables to internal project team and external clients.
- Implement and optimize service delivery processes to ensure client needs are met and responsive service is delivered.
- Anticipate, resolve, and mitigate client issues and problems.
- Identify and pilot tools and/or processes that streamline workflow, increase speed and/or efficiency of project delivery or benefit client communication
- Develop, maintain and expand knowledge of and expertise in content strategy and content marketing best practices.
- Track and manage content delivery team on assigned projects.
- Utilize, update, develop, and maintain needed tools and processes to track, forecast, reconcile, and manage key account documents for all Tendo projects and client accounts.
- Develop, and maintain accurate project budget reconciliations; lead and participate in internal and client project reviews; optimize reporting formats and approach to streamline profitability reporting
- Maintain updated written records of key account activity and correspondence for all assigned projects and accounts.
- Learn and optimize CRM capabilities to support prospect and account contacts and outreach. Maintain hands-on usage and ongoing updates of account and prospect contact information.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience working in an account management role or adjacent position.
- Demonstrated success working with high profile national and/or global brands in a consultative capacity.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; demonstrated ability to write and present clearly regardless of media or channel (email, PPT, Slack, etc.).
- Excellent meeting management skills.
- Prior agency and sales experience highly desirable.
- Candidates must either have editorial/journalism experience and/or have an understanding of editorial processes and demonstrable experience in digital marketing. Willingness to learn from content creators while collaborating with them is critical.
- Knowledge of and experience in B2B technology marketing is highly desirable. Ongoing requirement to expand knowledge of new digital marketing strategies and acquire/maintain knowledge of client products and customers.
- Strong management/leadership ability. Must be effective in leading cross-functional, highly matrixed teams.
- Must be detail oriented and able to administer account engagements, while strategic enough to see the big picture and proactively develop effective, innovative solutions.
- Must be able to independently develop proposals, presentations, and final deliverables and effectively deliver them to clients both virtually and in face-to-face meetings.
- Must possess highly evolved communication and presentation skills in order to interact clearly and proactively in all client interactions, including email, phone, and face-to-face meetings.
- Mastery of core office applications and collaboration platforms.
- Proficiency in creating slide decks and making presentations.
- Proficiency in project management and project scheduling applications.
- Experience with budgeting and financial analysis.
- Experience with enterprise procurement platforms.
- Experience with time tracking and resource planning.