Wanted: top-notch talent
We’re always looking to add new members to the Tendo team, and we leverage a wide circle of freelancers and contractors to deliver brilliant work. Whether you’re an ex-reporter, account manager, freelance copywriter, crack copyeditor, graphic designer, or social media expert, we’d love to hear from you. Especially if you have creative ideas, can think strategically, and are willing to dig into gnarly client problems. Oh, and a sense of humor never hurts. Bottom line: We love meeting people with big ideas, unique skills, and subject-area expertise.
At Tendo, we’re defining high performance content experiences for our clients. We’re looking for a content experience director to help plan, lead and execute content strategy engagements across multiple clients to support the content experience capability at Tendo. At Tendo, we’re defining high performance content experiences for our clients. We’re looking for a content experience director to help plan, lead and execute content strategy engagements across multiple clients to support the content experience capability at Tendo.
This position combines strategic leadership with deeply “hands-on” client delivery. Specific responsibilities include managing the execution of successful projects, and maintaining strong client relationships. The content Strategy director would also be responsible for helping other Tendo team members to learn, grow, and excel in delivering content strategy and user experience services.
Additionally, as many of Tendo’s clients are B2B technology companies, the content strategy director must have a deep appreciation of and curiosity about enterprise IT technologies and buying audiences.
Content strategy execution and leadership
- Oversee the creation and quality of content strategy deliverables (content inventories, audits, gap analyses, taxonomy, metadata, style and tone of voice guides, CMS documentation and training, etc.)
- Develop comprehensive information architectures, content models, wireframes and business rules for meaningful content experiences and personalization opportunities
- Establish content goals and performance metrics with a view to ongoing content optimization.
- Conduct current state analyses; competitive analyses; and market, buyer, and content analyses through first-hand research, interviews, and third-party sources.
- Identify and document the content needs of key audiences, across all stages of the customer journey, in the form of content-actionable personas and journeys.
- Depending on project scope, contribute to content deliverables such as copywriting, editing, interviewing, asset creation (blogs, infographics, videos, podcasts, social content, etc.). Establish and maintain quality standards on all assigned accounts.
- Cultivate knowledge and expertise within one or more domains of content experience (to be defined by Tendo executive team)
- Understand client business needs, market dynamics, buying cycles and marketing strategies to articulate how content programs can support desired outcomes.
- Working with VP, Managing Director and independently, lead content strategy engagements and identify opportunities for broadening engagements when client strategies are limited.
- Ensure the vision and objectives of the client are effectively aligned with the content strategy.
- Maintain ongoing relationships with key clients to understand their business direction, strategies, priorities, goals and pain points.
- Develop new relationships with prospects in assigned accounts; actively foster engagement that will lead to new opportunities.
- Analyze client needs and develop content programs to address them.
Team and project leadership
- Participate in the evolution of Tendo’s content offerings; contribute to the development of new and relevant service and/or content offerings.
- Manage project execution and teams, ensuring team members understand their roles and have the resources they need to succeed, defining a project schedule and clarifying process and deliverables.
- Deliver assigned projects on schedule and on budget.
- Manage client expectations as needed and communicate progress as appropriate in a clear and proactive manner; anticipate challenges and suggest solutions.
In addition to a strong strategic mindset, we are looking for someone who understands and advocates for content and user experience strategy and its value.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in digital content strategy is required.
- The right person has a passion for developing sound content strategy, determining message hierarchies, and developing user experiences that communicate the right message to the right person at the right time.
- We’re looking for experience working with large-scale websites, audits, migrations, content models or requirements, taxonomies, and metadata frameworks.
- The ideal candidate will be comfortable speaking the language of UX designers, editors, writers, SEO practitioners, visual designers and developers.
In addition, he/she will have outstanding client-relations and presentation skills, handle stress with grace and tact, have a flair for wordsmithing, and possess an excellent sense of humor.
- Mastery of MS Word and Excel
- Proficiency in MS PPT and/or Keynote
- Proficiency in project management and project scheduling program such as MS Project or TeamGantt, Smartsheet, Asana, etc.
- Ability to work independently in Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with and understanding of content management systems such as Adobe AEM, Sitecore, WordPress, etc.
- Experience with web and content inventory and analytics tools, such as CAT, Google Analytics, Screaming Frog, BrightEdge, etc.
The associate editor is responsible for supporting content and social media projects for multiple client teams, applying best practices, and delivering a consistent client experience to all assigned projects. Duties include project management; schedule development and maintenance; writing, editing, and copyediting content for digital, print, and social platforms; and contributing ideas for leveraging social media channels.
Content Development and Support
- Support content creation and development, including generating assignment letters, editing manuscripts, incorporating stakeholder comments, directing and executing on rewrites
- Write, edit, and copyedit content, including blog posts, web content, and social media material
- Contribute to social media engagements with suggested content for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.; track metrics for these platforms as needed
- Support development of infographics and other rich-media content (e.g., video, audio, SlideShare presentations, animated graphics)
- Copyedit material and maintain standards of voice, tone, and quality
- Conduct research in support of content development
- Develop project schedules, track project progress, and create internal and external status updates each week
- Contribute to the development of creative solutions as part of client programs
- Work with in-house and client design and production teams to assist with visual concepts, photos, and illustrations as needed
- Manage copy flow from editorial to production and publishing
- Track schedules and project milestones across project teams (including staff and freelancers) to ensure deliverables are on time and on budget
- Customize standard Tendo resource documents for the client project and ensure that resources are executed as needed at each phase of the project
- Communicate clearly in all client interactions, including e-mail, phone, and face-to-face meetings; document/confirm client communication in writing according to Tendo standards
- Anticipate and escalate problems to internal Tendo client lead; proactively suggest solutions
- Maintain timely and appropriate level of client communication
- Proactively communicate with clients; anticipate challenges and suggest solutions
- Research tech market, trends, and topics to understand what’s important to the client (messaging) and the client’s audience (solutions)
- Provide outstanding customer service to all Tendo clients; look for opportunities to add value
- Minimum of three years editorial experience; both print and Web publishing preferred
- Excellent editorial skills, including writing, editing, and copy editing
- Experience with and enthusiasm for tech-specific markets, products, and trends is a plus
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including ability to communicate clearly with clients and colleagues
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications; advanced skills in Word and PowerPoint preferred; additional experience with InDesign is a plus
- Understanding of social media engagement practices; competency with social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, etc., and an appreciation for how brands are engaging audiences on mobile social channels
- Knowledge of Web and social media metrics; experience with basic analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, etc.
- Independent work style, ability to plan and execute with little direction, and the ability to take initiative is a must
- Ability to meet deadlines, stay organized, and balance multiple projects
- Comfortable collaborating with others on a variety of projects and tasks
- Competence with, or willingness to learn, HTML, CSS, and video editing software