Wanted: Top-Notch Talent
We’re always looking to add new members to the Tendo team, and we leverage a wide circle of freelancers and contractors to deliver brilliant work. Whether you’re an ex-reporter, account manager, freelance copywriter, crack copyeditor, graphic designer, or social media expert, we’d love to hear from you. Especially if you have creative ideas, can think strategically, and are willing to dig into gnarly client problems. Oh, and a sense of humor never hurts. Bottom line: We love meeting people with big ideas, unique skills, and subject-area expertise.
Tendo Communications seeks a Vice President of Content Marketing with results-driven editorial and digital marketing experience, proven team management skills, an entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to develop innovative content marketing strategies and manage the delivery of client engagements. You will have budget- and revenue-expansion responsibility and will collaborate with peer executives to expand and evolve Tendo service offerings. You’ll work with a close-knit team of smart, passionate, innovative thinkers, creators, and doers that believe content makes a difference in every digital interaction. As a content leader, you will be responsible for developing creative content concepts and solutions that deliver results against Tendo client goals. As a client-facing leader, you must have experience with B2B enterprise markets, products, and audiences. You should be adept at audience analysis, content development process and editorial quality, SEO and content measurement. Your portfolio should include content strategy and content marketing examples backed by measurable results. The ideal candidate is an ace engagement and team leader, proactive and effective communicator, collaborator, and problem solver. You should be comfortable tackling new challenges and known for your positive, energetic attitude and contribution by all who work with you. Specific responsibilities include:
Client Engagement and Management and Content Leadership
- Serve as primary content consultant to assigned clients; provide Tendo content POV, develop and propose creative content solutions to client challenges.
- Provide proactive, consultative engagement leadership and voice of content expertise as content team lead.
- Define engagement parameters, including specific tasks and deliverables by translating client needs and goals into specific solutions.
- Collaborate with account team and agency leadership to develop engagement scope and define team resource needs and allocations.
- Provide hands-on project oversight and leadership, create and develop deliverables as needed, and ensure team members have a clear understanding of their roles and the resources needed for success.
- Manage team utilization and freelance project resources for engagements under your leadership.
- Lead, manage and maintain quality standards for all client work and project deliverables. Ensure all presentations and deliverables meet highest standard of quality and consistency.
- Manage by doing as needed and ensure Tendo work is delivered on time and on budget while client requirements and expectations are met or exceeded.
- Establish and maintain an extensive understanding of the client’s business and category dynamics, key players, and their long- and short-term challenges. Stay on top of market news and bring strategic solutions as needed.
- Define and analyze client audiences, develop persona frameworks and deliverables as required. Develop and maintain understanding of buyers journey, buying cycles and content strategies in order to articulate how content programs can deliver and/or support desired outcomes.
- Deliver creative and relevant content marketing and editorial ideas, insight, and guidance to Tendo clients and project teams to ensure that client projects are evolving with the business and marketing needs of the client.
- Lead the innovation of Tendo solutions, deliverables and processes that deliver on client goals and exemplify innovation in the evolving discipline of content marketing.
- Lead and integrate measurement initiatives to further the client’s understanding of ROI and program performance.
Leverage Network to Acquire New Business and Lead Account Expansion of Existing Business
- Contribute a minimum of $300k in new primary business over a 12-month period.
- Partner with account team leadership to facilitate and support account expansion with existing client relationships.
- Identify and define Tendo engagement opportunities with existing clients and key prospects.
- Develop proposals and project budgets for client content marketing projects.
- Represent Tendo content marketing and/or strategy perspective in client presentations and launch meetings.
Direct and Indirect Team Management and Accountabilities
- Provide “hands-on” management and support to client projects when and as needed especially those in development or “launch-mode”.
- Provide input on staffing plans for all Tendo agency projects.
- Lead and partner with agency leadership peers to evolve and maintain engagement workflows and processes consistent with client needs and Tendo standards for each project.
- Initiate and contribute to cross-team content team leadership, skill development, and motivation.
- Develop forward-looking strategies to address content team roles, structure, and delivery model given evolving services and client needs.
- Contribute to and ensure the development of a network of top-quality freelance resources (writers, UX/UI designers, graphic designers, copy editors, etc.).
- Foster a positive, success-oriented environment.
Deliver Agency Content Experience and Content Marketing Thought Leadership
- Contribute thought leadership and serve as “voice of Tendo content leadership” on current and emerging topics related to digital content experience.
- Actively train, mentor and develop team by initiating and/or leading periodic discussions, forums or training sessions on topics related to content skill building.
- Participate in outside speaking engagements as needed, publish and contribute thought leadership content through Tendo blog and social channels.
- Work across Tendo leadership team to define and maintain Tendo content standards and expand them to meet changing client needs.
Qualifications and ExperienceThe ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit, possess strong leadership ability and a track record of developing and leading effective content marketing and content strategy initiatives. In addition, you should demonstrate strength in the following areas:
- Minimum 12 years of progressive experience in digital marketing, content strategy, content marketing and team management.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, and communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong client relationships with a high presence, in-person and virtual, so there is a seamless connection. Viewed as the first call for POV and provide a smooth connection between client and agency.
- Outstanding client management, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to develop and support a high-performing, motivated team, through both influence and/or direct management. Provide leadership in skill development and succession planning to support team evolution.
- Excellent internal communication skills: ability to collaborate seamlessly with colleagues in remote locations to maintain cohesive workflows and ensure consistent Tendo POV.
- Knowledge of SEO principles and strategies that fuel content marketing success.
- Ability to tackle new challenges; willingness to push themselves and others to dig deep, build expertise, and solve problem by pushing boundaries, and finding ways to fill knowledge gaps.
- Cultivates an environment of curiosity and inquisitiveness in every interaction.
- Grounded in the principles of running a business, managing scope, and elevating brands. Capable of difficult conversations and moving business forward.
- Knowledge of B2B enterprise business and/or technology products, solutions, buyers and the buying process.
- Diverse market experience (i.e., consumer and business-to-business, across markets and categories).
- Proven ability to understand business goals and develop supporting strategies to achieve them.
- Advanced knowledge of and experience using MS PPT, Word & Excel, working knowledge of Smartsheet, Tableau, & marketing automation platforms (Eloqua, Marketo, etc.).
- Proven ability to manage budgets and resources.
- Flexibility and an excellent sense of humor.
About TendoTendo is a full-service digital content agency focused on connecting B2B brands with their most important customers. We plan, develop, and execute content programs that deliver results against complex marketing challenges. We’re a close-knit team of smart, passionate, innovative thinkers, creators and doers that believe content makes a difference in every digital interaction. We’re looking for a rock-star Senior Account Manager with stellar project management skills, an entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to grow professionally as we define the future of digital content experience at Tendo.
About the Senior Account (Project) Manager PositionThe Senior Account (Project) Manager is responsible for leading Tendo client engagements by managing workflow, evolving process, and developing systems to ensure all projects are delivered on time and on budget. The person in this role will be a key client liaison and communication lead between Tendo clients and agency team members. The ideal candidate is an ace project manager, proactive and effective communicator, team leader, collaborator, and problem solver. You’re comfortable tackling new challenges and are known for your positive, energetic attitude and contribution by all who work with you. We’re looking for an entrepreneurial thinker and creative problem solver who is detailed oriented and organized. The right candidate will be a natural communicator who can maintain a sense of humor while juggling multiple priorities. This includes workflow and process of both discrete engagements, as well as development and implementation of agency-wide reporting, tracking, and workflow tools used across clients and engagements.
The Role of Account Services at TendoMembers of the Tendo account services team represent the face of the agency to our clients and provide a central organizing function between the client and content delivery teams at Tendo. Account team members are expected to be client advocates who develop and maintain a deep understanding of the clients’ business objectives and strategy—while managing scope and ensuring that projects are delivered on time and on budget. Account team members are ultimately responsible for expansion and growth of existing and assigned client business.
Specific ResponsibilitiesLead and manage communications and workflow across accounts and for discrete projects
- Develop, manage, and communicate project schedules and key milestones to internal and external stakeholders
- Internal communication Ensure all team members have a clear understanding of role, schedule, and expected deliverables Anticipate, resolve, and escalate problems as needed Lead and facilitate internal team meetings Manage internal review of deliverables to ensure quality
- Client communication Schedule stakeholder meetings through all project phases Lead and/or facilitate client check-in meetings Lead communication with clients to set expectations about schedules, meeting agendas, and substance of deliverables
- Define, monitor, and manage project scope Proactively manage scope-related issues with both internal and external stakeholders; alert executive leadership of the need to add budget or scope to achieve internal budget and profitability targets Manage client expectations about scope changes Document scope changes with clients Communicate scope changes and related dependencies to internal team Monitor project resourcing across accounts and for discrete projects
- Nurture and cultivate ongoing client relationships
- Proactively identify and propose content marketing solutions to clients in collaboration with Tendo executives and content leads
- Contribute to proposals by clearly articulating project goals and objectives, audience, KPIs and success metrics, delivery approach, key activities and deliverables, estimated timeframes, and costs
- Develop and evolve fluency in assigned client product offerings, marketing positioning, and relevant industry trends
- Identify opportunities for expansion of client relationships
- Contribute to account strategy development and account plan execution in collaboration with Tendo account director and content executives
- Proactively suggest opportunities for clients to gain additional value from work previously delivered by Tendo or currently in progress
- Regularly review and contribute to Tendo client account strategy Track progress toward benchmarks and KPIs
- Manage, develop, and/or evolve scalable processes to optimize project delivery and workflow for select (new and existing) engagements
- Identify, optimize, and/or evolve various systems and tools used by the Tendo delivery and account team
- Lead, train, and/or mentor colleagues and junior employees on implementation of workflow, processes, and tools
- Develop and manage processes to track, forecast, reconcile, and manage key account docs for projects and client accounts
- Create and submit SOWs, POs, and invoices as required
- Maintain current and accurate documents and records within systems and tools used by Tendo
QualificationsCandidates must have:
- Terrific client relations skills; the successful candidate will understand how to navigate diplomatically in complex environments, build consensus through influence rather than authority, and deliver great customer service.
- Superior organizational skills: Owns all project logistics, keeps teams on task and meetings focused, and enjoys juggling a variety of tasks.
- Deep sense of ownership: Detail-oriented; a self-starter who takes initiative, is self-organizing and able to work independently, highly skilled in time management to facilitate involvement in multiple projects, finds ways around obstacles and asks for help when needed
- Polished communication and presentation skills; the ability to interact clearly and proactively in all client interactions, including email, phone, and face-to-face meetings.
- Ability to develop and evolve processes and workflow to increase efficiency and ease of delivery. This includes the ability to identify and employ new tools and/or technologies that will best support delivery or project management needs.
- Relevant content experience and/or an understanding of web development, editorial, content strategy, and digital marketing. Willingness to learn from content creators while collaborating with them is critical.
- Relevant agency experience and/or have demonstrable experience in managing client relationships.
- Knowledge and experience in B2B technology marketing is highly desirable.
- Strong project management and leadership ability. Must be effective in leading cross-functional, highly matrixed teams.
- Collaborate easily with others, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and enjoy a diversity of tasks and projects.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to administer account engagements, while strategic enough to see the big picture to proactively develop effective and innovative solutions.
- Mastery of core MS office applications, Smartsheet and other collaboration platforms, project management, and scheduling applications, and proficiency in creating slide decks and making presentations.
At Tendo, we’re defining high-performance content experiences for our clients. We’re looking for a senior account manager to manage and grow our relationships with those clients. This position combines ownership of client satisfaction with accountability for project profitability and consistent client revenue growth. Responsibilities include managing projects and client engagements to ensure timely, high-quality execution, communicating with clients and content teams to set clear expectations, maintain quality standards, and influencing business outcomes at both project and engagement levels.
Specific ResponsibilitiesAccount and Engagement Management
- Client and project management:
- Develop, expand, and solidify relationships with clients.
- Develop, update, and implement Tendo client account strategy.
- Actively expand client contacts and relationships across client organizations among prospective or adjacent client groups. Capture contact info in CRM and seek to define organization info and functional responsibilities.
- Develop and institute periodic communication updates across current & prospective client stakeholders. For example, showcasing recent work, sharing thought leadership and/or best practices, etc.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of client marketing goals, KPIs, and strategies. Demonstrate knowledge of client business and the ability to recommend Tendo solutions that fulfill and/or support client goals.
- Maintain and update written repository of client intelligence (corporate and org goals, key initiatives, etc.) and periodically share with internal client project teams
- In collaboration with account and editorial executives, proactively identify and propose content solutions to client challenges and program execution (e.g., use of new or alternative content types, alternate approaches for presenting concepts to drive increased engagement, etc.).
- Draft and develop proposals by clearly articulating project goals and objectives, audience, KPIs and success metrics, Tendo delivery approach, key activities and deliverables, estimated timeframes, and costs.
- Develop, track, and manage submission of SOWs, POs, and client/project invoices.
- Lead client communication for assigned accounts and engagements. Maintain clear client communication through proactive reporting of key milestones and budget tracking.
- Lead and deliver timely communication with clients and across internal teams as required on all projects.
- Project and team management:
- Manage project schedules and clarify process and deliverables to internal project team and external clients.
- Implement and optimize service delivery processes to ensure client needs are met and responsive service is delivered.
- Anticipate, resolve, and mitigate client issues and problems.
- Identify and pilot tools and/or processes that streamline workflow, increase speed and/or efficiency of project delivery or benefit client communication
- Develop, maintain and expand knowledge of and expertise in content strategy and content marketing best practices.
- Track and manage content delivery team on assigned projects.
- Utilize, update, develop, and maintain needed tools and processes to track, forecast, reconcile, and manage key account documents for all Tendo projects and client accounts.
- Develop, and maintain accurate project budget reconciliations; lead and participate in internal and client project reviews; optimize reporting formats and approach to streamline profitability reporting
- Maintain updated written records of key account activity and correspondence for all assigned projects and accounts.
- Learn and optimize CRM capabilities to support prospect and account contacts and outreach. Maintain hands-on usage and ongoing updates of account and prospect contact information.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience working in an account management role or adjacent position.
- Demonstrated success working with high profile national and/or global brands in a consultative capacity.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; demonstrated ability to write and present clearly regardless of media or channel (email, PPT, Slack, etc.).
- Excellent meeting management skills.
- Prior agency and sales experience highly desirable.
- Candidates must either have editorial/journalism experience and/or have an understanding of editorial processes and demonstrable experience in digital marketing. Willingness to learn from content creators while collaborating with them is critical.
- Knowledge of and experience in B2B technology marketing is highly desirable. Ongoing requirement to expand knowledge of new digital marketing strategies and acquire/maintain knowledge of client products and customers.
- Strong management/leadership ability. Must be effective in leading cross-functional, highly matrixed teams.
- Must be detail oriented and able to administer account engagements, while strategic enough to see the big picture and proactively develop effective, innovative solutions.
- Must be able to independently develop proposals, presentations, and final deliverables and effectively deliver them to clients both virtually and in face-to-face meetings.
- Must possess highly evolved communication and presentation skills in order to interact clearly and proactively in all client interactions, including email, phone, and face-to-face meetings.
- Mastery of core office applications and collaboration platforms.
- Proficiency in creating slide decks and making presentations.
- Proficiency in project management and project scheduling applications.
- Experience with budgeting and financial analysis.
- Experience with enterprise procurement platforms.
- Experience with time tracking and resource planning.