Wanted: top-notch talent
We’re always looking to add new members to the Tendo team, and we leverage a wide circle of freelancers and contractors to deliver brilliant work. Whether you’re an ex-reporter, account manager, freelance copywriter, crack copyeditor, graphic designer, or social media expert, we’d love to hear from you. Especially if you have creative ideas, can think strategically, and are willing to dig into gnarly client problems. Oh, and a sense of humor never hurts. Bottom line: We love meeting people with big ideas, unique skills, and subject-area expertise.
At Tendo, we’re defining high performance content experiences for our clients. We’re looking for a content experience director to help plan, lead and execute content strategy engagements across multiple clients to support the content experience capability at Tendo. At Tendo, we’re defining high performance content experiences for our clients. We’re looking for a content experience director to help plan, lead and execute content strategy engagements across multiple clients to support the content experience capability at Tendo.
This position combines strategic leadership with deeply “hands-on” client delivery. Specific responsibilities include managing the execution of successful projects, and maintaining strong client relationships. The content Strategy director would also be responsible for helping other Tendo team members to learn, grow, and excel in delivering content strategy and user experience services.
Additionally, as many of Tendo’s clients are B2B technology companies, the content strategy director must have a deep appreciation of and curiosity about enterprise IT technologies and buying audiences.
Content strategy execution and leadership
- Oversee the creation and quality of content strategy deliverables (content inventories, audits, gap analyses, taxonomy, metadata, style and tone of voice guides, CMS documentation and training, etc.)
- Develop comprehensive information architectures, content models, wireframes and business rules for meaningful content experiences and personalization opportunities
- Establish content goals and performance metrics with a view to ongoing content optimization.
- Conduct current state analyses; competitive analyses; and market, buyer, and content analyses through first-hand research, interviews, and third-party sources.
- Identify and document the content needs of key audiences, across all stages of the customer journey, in the form of content-actionable personas and journeys.
- Depending on project scope, contribute to content deliverables such as copywriting, editing, interviewing, asset creation (blogs, infographics, videos, podcasts, social content, etc.). Establish and maintain quality standards on all assigned accounts.
- Cultivate knowledge and expertise within one or more domains of content experience (to be defined by Tendo executive team)
- Understand client business needs, market dynamics, buying cycles and marketing strategies to articulate how content programs can support desired outcomes.
- Working with VP, Managing Director and independently, lead content strategy engagements and identify opportunities for broadening engagements when client strategies are limited.
- Ensure the vision and objectives of the client are effectively aligned with the content strategy.
- Maintain ongoing relationships with key clients to understand their business direction, strategies, priorities, goals and pain points.
- Develop new relationships with prospects in assigned accounts; actively foster engagement that will lead to new opportunities.
- Analyze client needs and develop content programs to address them.
Team and project leadership
- Participate in the evolution of Tendo’s content offerings; contribute to the development of new and relevant service and/or content offerings.
- Manage project execution and teams, ensuring team members understand their roles and have the resources they need to succeed, defining a project schedule and clarifying process and deliverables.
- Deliver assigned projects on schedule and on budget.
- Manage client expectations as needed and communicate progress as appropriate in a clear and proactive manner; anticipate challenges and suggest solutions.
In addition to a strong strategic mindset, we are looking for someone who understands and advocates for content and user experience strategy and its value.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in digital content strategy is required.
- The right person has a passion for developing sound content strategy, determining message hierarchies, and developing user experiences that communicate the right message to the right person at the right time.
- We’re looking for experience working with large-scale websites, audits, migrations, content models or requirements, taxonomies, and metadata frameworks.
- The ideal candidate will be comfortable speaking the language of UX designers, editors, writers, SEO practitioners, visual designers and developers.
In addition, he/she will have outstanding client-relations and presentation skills, handle stress with grace and tact, have a flair for wordsmithing, and possess an excellent sense of humor.
- Mastery of MS Word and Excel
- Proficiency in MS PPT and/or Keynote
- Proficiency in project management and project scheduling program such as MS Project or TeamGantt, Smartsheet, Asana, etc.
- Ability to work independently in Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with and understanding of content management systems such as Adobe AEM, Sitecore, WordPress, etc.
- Experience with web and content inventory and analytics tools, such as CAT, Google Analytics, Screaming Frog, BrightEdge, etc.